Monday, April 4, 2011

My heart hurts a little... edited.

I'm so grateful for a Prophet. And Apostles. And the Gospel of Jesus Christ. And The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I've been contemplating a lot lately what I believe. It frustrates me so much when other people, who are not members of my church want to judge me for being a member of the LDS Church. I don't care what others believe. I don't care if you think Joseph Smith was a crook. I don't care if you think he "made up" the Book of Mormon (which is impossible by the way). I don't care if you think its silly that I believe that one day my husband will be a king like unto God and I will be his queen. I don't care if you think we all hate homosexuals (which we don't). I know what I believe, and I know that what I believe is the truth. So what if you think it sounds crazy. I'm grateful for the knowledge I have that families are Eternal when they are sealed together in God's Holy Temple. That as much as I miss my cousins, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and someday my mom and dad, husband and sisters I will see them again, and I will get to see them every day for Eternity. During this last conference Russell M. Nelson spoke on death. He said, "We live to die, and we die to live, again." How sad for people who think that there is nothing but darkness when we die. How utterly depressing. How sad for people who's churches teach messages of hate. My church teaches us to love and tolerate each other. How sad for people who feel it necessary to verbally attack someones beliefs with foul language and names. Picketing soldiers funerals, insulting their families, standing outside of religious meeting houses screaming profanities at people and their families while they try and worship the way they want, if that is truly "Christian" then I want no part of it. But I know it isn't. That is not how God wants his children to treat each other. I'm sorry to get preachy on here for those of you who read through all this, but this is my journal too, and its so much easier to type this all then write it on paper. I'm just grateful for a testimony. And no matter how dark the world around me gets, I'll always have my testimony of the Light of Christ's Gospel.

1 comment: