Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Adventures in growing up...

        So, Matt and I have been talking a lot lately and we decided to take the plunge and see if we qualified to buy a home. Matt isn't keen on paying rent much longer, and frankly, it would be nice to have a place of our own and really get settled down. Especially since we are feeling ready to get started on trying to start a family! (I know, I can't believe it either!) So, we've gotten our limit, and the realtor called me today to set up some times to go look at some homes. We've been looking at a specific website, and had quite a few homes saved that we liked. I went through the list, got the listing numbers of the ones that are doable, and sent them over to him. Most of the houses we liked are short sales, and I'm well aware that short sales can take months and months to decide and close. Since I'm still really nervous about becoming a homeowner its okay, I'm not really in a rush! We are going to try and go out and look at some places Friday afternoon/evening. Did I mention I'm really nervous? Pretty excited, but REALLY nervous. Maybe something will come of it now, or maybe it won't and we'll end up waiting another year or two, I don't know. I didn't want to Facebook about it because I didn't want EVERYONE to know, but I don't care if the people who take the time to read my blog know, because obviously YOU reader, are a pretty good friend. Well, that's all for now, I just needed to get that off my chest. EEK!

3 comments:

  1. Home ownership and babies!!!!! how exciting :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jenielle we don't even own a home yet and its already a pain in my bum. LOL

    ReplyDelete