Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I'm so bad at this...

I'm such a bad blogger! I started this so people could know what was going on, and I almost never update it, and if I do, its usually silly stuff that no one else cares about... =) One of the things we did was celebrate our 1 year anniversary with a much needed getaway to Vegas! So much fun! Unfortunately, I got sick when we got there, and continued to be sick the whole time... we kept having to go back to the hotel room for breaks, then we'd head back out. I didn't get as many cool pictures as I wanted, or get to go into many of the other hotels, but we did have a blast! Here's just a few of our pics.







My work is putting out a new bid, so my schedule will be changing again here in the next month or so... Its ok though because I actually like the change, it keeps work enjoyable. I'm hoping to get 2 10 hour days so I can find another part time job. Matt is hopefully going to start school this semester, if not, next semester for sure, but I'm still holding out for this semester!!! I'd like to take a phlebotomy (I think that's how you spell it) class so I can get started in the field I want, then start school for nursing. Hayley, my sister got me started on this class thing, because she was thinking about doing it. They make pretty decent money, and apparently are always in demand because people use it as a bridge (like I'm hoping to do) into the medical field, so the turnover is high. We've started a budget with the help of my good friend Jenn, and are doing well with that. It's hard because we haven't been too smart about budgeting before, but its good, and I'm really proud of us. Things are looking up, and becoming less stressful, YAY! I can't complain! I married the best!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys are doing great! If you're not squeamish with blood and poking people with needles, you'll love phlebotomy! :) I always had fun doing that stuff...is that weird? lol! Anyway,glad to see you've updated! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures! I would really love to go to Vegas sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH!!! You put pictures up! We need to hang out soooooon!

    ReplyDelete