Thursday, April 22, 2010

Oh wonderful doctor visits.

So, I haven't been feeling good for a while now. Like probably the last 3 or 4 months. I've just been having issues with stomach cramps and other such digestive things that we won't go into detail about because well, its gross. I went to the doctor (gastroenterologist) about a month and a half ago and she prescribed me a pill I have to take 30 minutes before eating 3 times a day or as needed for stomach cramping, and she also told me to take a fiber supplement. So, I've done that for a month and a half, and it hasn't really helped me at all, so when I saw her today and told her all this, she told me she has to schedule an endoscopy and a colonoscopy. Awesome. So, next Wednesday I have to do the "Prep" and then Thursday Matt has to drive me to the hospital, where I'll be sedated and allow someone to look at my intestines. Doesn't this just sound thrilling!? Anyways, I'm just a little nervous about it, sedation makes me nauseous but I'd rather be sedated than not for this kind of "procedure" and mostly I'm a little nervous about what they will find. My grandmother on my moms side past away from colon cancer, and my grandfather also had it, though it was caught in time. Lets just say, pray for me, and I'll let you know how it goes.

3 comments:

  1. Barb, I think maybe you should look into dietary issues. Maybe you are allergic to something like wheat or lactose intollerant. I am sure everything is fine! But you are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will keep you in our family prayers, we love you!

    ReplyDelete