Monday, May 3, 2010

Mothers Day


I just wanted to say a little something about how awesome my mother is. Though she doesn't read my blog, yet, you all do and I think you should know how awesome she is.
She is my original BEST FRIEND. She never judges me, and always listens to me. She isn't afraid to tell me if she disagrees with something I've done, or may do, and I take her opinion very seriously because lets face, she really has "been there, done that". When Matt and I have a question about something, our first thought is, "lets ask Kay". I appreciate so much the sacrifice she made to stay home with us kids until we were in school full time, the things she went with out because there wasn't the money. She made sure we never went with out anything that we needed. She is so smart and she still teaches me so much. I remember my first day on the job as a nanny in NY, I called her crying, and I said "I don't know how you did it, all 4 of us home at the same time!" I only had 2 kids with me and it was so hard! She worked so hard as a mom, keeping us clean, fed, keeping the house clean, doing the laundry, and making sure our homework was done. I have such a greater appreciation for her and really for moms everywhere. She is such a comfort to me, and I know if I have any problem at all, I can call her and she'll go out of her way to help me, and to comfort me. I'm so blessed and I thank my Heavenly Father every day for sending me to her. I LOVE YOU MOM!


3 comments:

  1. Aw that's so sweet!!! I always remember your mom as so cool! You forgot to add what a great taste in music she has and how just genuinely cool she is! Come on!! :D
    I feel this way about my mom too! You're lucky that she stayed home with all of you! My mom did with my brothers and sisters, but had no choice to go to work when I was little. I never resented her for it because I always understood that she had no choice. My dad was a contractor and the housing market plummeted and they got into too much debt because of it :( Thats why it makes me really angry when moms go to work so that they can afford nice things for their kids. I know someone who does that, who I won't say on here obviously but, coming from someone who knows what it's like to have a working mom (this person doesn't though so I can't judge her) it's really hard for me to see her do it just so they can afford more worldly things. Your kids want you more than they want things! I could have an hour long discussion on parenting, but I'll save that for another time. We all have our own ideas I guess! :D
    Anyway your mom is obviously awesome because she raised such an awesome daughter! :D Can't wait to hang out with you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom is pretty amazing! And so are you!

    ReplyDelete