Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Year 2010

Dear Readers of our blog,

         As this year comes to a close, I think back about 2010 and wonder... WHERE DID THE YEAR GO!? And as I think harder I realize all that 2010 has offered our tiny family. We are both another year older, and hopefully another year wiser, and that is something to be thankful for. We were able to take a wonderful family vacation to California where Matt has his first taste of our family's favorite Mexican Restaurant, Arroyo's. And I was able to take Matt to San Francisco for his first time. We also took him to a SF Giants game and then, his first year being a fan they won the WORLD SERIES for the first time in 50 plus years. My family in California also met Matt for the first time, and as I new they would, they love him, probably more than they love me... I got a new job, and have made new friends. Matt has been doing AWESOME in his classes at school. He's a straight A student and I couldn't be any happier for him. We have moved in with my parents, and are getting our finances in check. We've learned that though it is hard to have to depend on family for a roof, we are truly blessed to have this option. We are also immensely more excited to get back out and on our own again... all in due time. Matt will be losing his job with Comcast in February, but I see this as a blessing because the job really drug him down, now he has a chance to find a job better suited for him at this time. Matt and I are happy with the year behind us, and look forward to the year ahead. We have high hopes and aspirations for the coming year, and we hope to find all of you happy and healthy as well during 2011. I want to thank my loving family, and friends, near and far for making 2010 as fabulous as ever, and let you all know that I am SO excited for 2011 and hope to make even more memories with you all. Thanks again.

Love, The De Rosa's.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I don't know what kind of job Matt is looking for, but Rio Tinto is hiring out at the mine and, yeah a mine worker is probably not the most ideal job in the whole world, but we heard that the pay is $20 an hour! Phil applied for it, and he's not planning on staying forever (if he does get it), but it's a GREAT way to save up money! Houses are SOOOOO cheap right now too so it might be a good thing for sure! here is a link to the posting. I believe it closes tomorrow: https://riotinto.taleo.net/careersection/4/jobdetail.ftl
    Just something to think about. I don't know if he would be interested at all. Good luck with next year!

    ReplyDelete