Sunday, March 6, 2011

Five Years



Friday March 4 was my good friend Deanna's birthday. It also reminded me that it was our anniversary, the anniversary of when Matt and I began dating. 5 years ago Friday we were at a birthday party for a dear friend, and we began dating later that same evening. Matt and I have never celebrated our "dating" anniversary. Not even before we were married. The only anniversary we've celebrated is our wedding anniversary. Our original plans Friday night were to hit up gymnastics with our besties, but they had some serious and very important family stuff to attend to so Matt and I were left to make plans on our own. I decided to take him to Tucci's Cucina Italiana at the Trolley Square Mall. Delicious! Matt was a little nervous until our appetizer came out, then he got excited. Our appetizer is the only food I got a picture of, and even then, we'd already eaten it, but oh well. Matt ordered the Bistecca Gorgonzola for dinner (12 oz. NY strip served covered in Gorgonzola, with creamy penne and fresh veggies) and I ordered the Salmone (grilled salmon served atop pesto, with roasted red potatoes and fresh veggies, and I mean FRESH veggies). Of course we had to order Pellegrino, and of course desert! It was a baked custard topped with fresh raspberry sauce, caramel sauce and fresh whipped cream. To DIE for. It was like a mix between Flan and Creme Brulee. Mmm.  And remarkably for a three course meal, a bottle of Pellegrino and an $11 tip, it didn't break the bank. This is the next place Matt and I take the in-laws.
Vongole al Forno (clams baked in a garlic butter sauce, served with pancetta)
Matt enjoying his Pellegrino
Me enjoying the company of my awesome husband.
We love this stuff. 
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment