Monday, March 30, 2009

Our Wonderful Weekend

So, Saturday morning I found out, that a good friend of mine and Matt's lost her husband in Afghanistan, he was also a good friend of ours.  She was planning his homecoming, and he was killed.  I'm still so so sad about that.  Frankie Toner IV is and always will be incredibly missed.  He was such a good example to everyone around him, and I KNOW he was the best husband to Brooke, they shared a love that most can only dream of.  

Saturday afternoon we hopped in my moms car and headed down to Payson for my sister-in-laws baby shower.  I'm so excited to meet my niece.  Matt is too.  Then we drove home, and my little sisters had their friend Landon over, and we decided that since the twins were going to sleep over, that we should ALL go up to our house and play the Wii, so we did, we played Mario Kart and Smash Brothers, and bowling, and tennis.  Then we all decided to go to a movie because Landon works and The District, so he could get us in free.  We saw, "The Haunting in Connecticut" and it was a little creepy.  It definitely scared the girls, and their friend.  Then we got home, and we made everyone a little dinner, and Landon had to go home, (turns out that Maddy used up his cell phone battery and his phone was dead) on his way home his car died and the poor kid had to walk to find a phone, AT MIDNIGHT! I told Maddy she isn't allowed to use his phone anymore.  Then it was off to bed!

Sunday morning I woke up with a bit of a sore throat and after breakfast, I had some really bad chest pains. After about 30 minutes of my chest pains not going away, I asked Matt to take me to the hospital.  I spent just about all day in the Emergency Room.  They first ran an EKG on me, then took my vitals, then they told me I could have a blood clot in my lungs, so I had to drink this nasty stuff that numbed my mouth and throat and top of stomach, and then they came in to draw my blood, they took like 6 or 7 small vials, and at about the fifth one I got nauseous and threw up.  Awesome.  Then they took me in for a chest x-ray.  Once back in my room, I sat for about an hour and  then the nurse came in and said, oh your xray is clean, you can probably get dressed and we'll see what the doctor says about discharging you. So I slowly got dressed and sat down with Matt.  Then another forty minutes later the doctor came in and told me that my blood tested positive for clots, and since it did, they had to pursue it. So I put the robe back on, (I hate those things) and they came in and put an IV in my arm, IV's are really uncomfortable.  All this time, like three hours, Mary and Maddy were home alone, so I sent Matt home at this point to go check on them, he was back before they even came to get me for the CAT Scan.  Then they finally wheeled me off to the room for the CAT scan, they did one scan of my chest, then they injected into my IV this "contrast" stuff that I guess helps them see clots, the contrast stuff was like iodine, and it makes your whole body hot, and you almost feel like you really have to pee because its so hot.  Then I was done.  They came back about an hour later and told me that everything looked good on the scan and that they didn't know what was causing the pain.  If it gets worse I'm supposed to go back, but so far I haven't really felt it again, except for a little last night, and then I just had Matt give me a blessing. I did call in to work though, because I feel really crappy as far as colds go, and my arms are sore, and I can't do my job if my arms hurt. 

2 comments:

  1. Golly! So sorry to hear that you were in the hospital. I was in the hospital about a week ago with the similar symptoms. Turned out to be stress. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend and decompressing a bit. Love to you and Matt.

    ReplyDelete