Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Updates!

So, I'm up late, hanging out because I wasn't quite tired although Matt was. I suddenly had this hankering to blog! I'm watching Bones now, and I have to admit, I pretty much love it. 

So, moving on! As most of you know (because you RELIGIOUSLY read our blog... lol) Matt and I have been informed that my grandparents finally sold the house! (YAY FOR THEM!!) It is pretty bitter-sweet. I'll miss the house because I have a lot of good memories here, and I especially love the "rent". But I am happy that someone finally took interest in the place, and my grandparents can rest easy again. I just hope that whoever moves in loves it as much as I do. I know they'll change it to suit them, and I really hope they do because it could use a little update, but the fact is, my grandpa built it and it will always be the same to me. AND... moving on again. Last Friday I went around with my good friend Janell whom I knew in high school, and lost touch with a few years ago, but recently found again, to look at some different apartments. I did it as organized as possible, I looked online and found some with suitable prices and the right amenities and wrote them down, address and whatever else I needed to recall why I had picked that place. Well, we went to a few whose prices were "off" on the website, and then a few where I was actually afraid to get out of the car, and I was driving to one place, Janell suggested one that I hadn't written down. So, we headed there, and when we got there the outside was super nice, then we went into the leasing office and everyone there was very nice, and then we saw the CUTE apartments! AND they were having a special! We totally lucked out, THEN I found out that their office was open until 8pm instead of 5 or 6 like most other places. You see, my original idea was to scope out some good ones and take Matt on Saturday and choose from there. Well, instead, I brought Matt to this place after work on Friday because they're open so late. Matt LOVED them too! So, in one day, I found a place that both of us liked, in a good neighborhood, for a great price and signed the papers! We move in on June 6th! Anyone who would like to come up that morning and help us get moved is welcome and appreciated! I'm so so excited. Now I just have to find boxes and pack.... =( this is the part I wish I could skip. =)

3 comments:

  1. Yay for finding a new place! Where are you moving to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful, Barb. We so wish we could be there to help. We miss being close enough by to do these kinds of things for the children. Be well and we'll catch you on the next flight out. Grandma Vivian is already asking me to book her next flight to see Aleksandra

    ReplyDelete