Monday, November 17, 2014

100 Day Song Challenge SLACKER!!

Day's 24, 25, 26 & 27.

Slacking again! I had a really good relaxing weekend though and it was filled with reading, so I kind of forgot about the Challenge!

Day 24- A good 70's song.


Anita Ward- "Ring My Bell"  It's no secret that if a song came out before I was born, I probably like it. In the 70's, disco was big, then it tapered off and most people just poke fun at it now. The music though, is pretty amazing. PLUS, my favorite part of the movie 'Book of Eli' with Denzel is when the crazy folks, that have been snacking on people tacos, put this song on to dance around the house to. I think that's the moment where Denzel and companion realize their new friends are a tad loopy. Good times. Anyways, just listen and dance around in your house. You know you want to.

Day 25- A song you would ask a DJ to play at a party.


Blackstreet- "No Diggity"   My sister Hayley and I LOVE this song. There's something about the beat that makes you want to shake your money maker, right? Even though the tempo is not particularly fast, it's still a great song to get down to.

Day 26- A good 60's song.

There are SOOOOOOO many songs I could put here. Literally, like a bunch. From The Beatles, Aretha Franklin, The Moody Blues, etc. ... but I got to give this spot to...


Simon & Garfunkel- "Sounds of Silence". I think this song is incredibly beautiful, even though it sounds very melancholy. I love S&G, they are so easy to listen to. Great to put on when you've had a bad day. If you don't listen to them, you should. The End.

Day 27- A song with a number in it.


Goldfinger- "99 Red Balloons"  Yes. I know this is a cover, but I like this version better. It rocks, literally. Plus, it's not primarily in German, so I can sing along to it better. :) Give it a listen, you'll like it.

If this post hasn't proved, all on it's own just how diverse my musical pallet is, then I don't know what will. I hope you've enjoyed catching up on the last 4 days with me! It's been fun sharing my song choices! XO


No comments:

Post a Comment