Monday, February 23, 2009

Grandpa will be missed.

For those of you that have not heard yet, Matthew's grandfather, on his dad's side passed away Saturday night.  Its been a pretty rough couple of days, and and its probably going to just get rougher.  I believe we're flying out either Thursday or Friday and coming back Sunday. 

Aside from that, we had a most enjoyable relaxing weekend.  Friday was Red Rocks V. Michigan at the U.  The Utes received their season high.  Saturday, we found out the bad news, but Matt still insisted we go hang with our good good friends Matt and Jenn, so we did, we helped them put together a puzzle, had some laughs, and watched some movies.  We got home super late, and unfortunately slept through our alarm for church.. ooops.  Sunday evening we went to my parents house for our own awesome little Oscar Party!  I love the dresses!! That's by far the best part, and I love that Kate Winslet and Sean Penn won!  YAY!  Then when we got home, Matt and I got in bed and had a little talk about his grandpa, and some other things, because I think we were both really anxious about bills with Matts hours being cut, and flying to NY, and some other things.  The talk helped us to relax again and then we drifted into sleep.  I only slept for about an hour and a half before I had to get up, but I was surprisingly pretty well rested.  All in all, this last week has been mixed with tough and sad things, and very happy moments.  I guess that's life.  =D  At least I get to go through this with my best friend!

1 comment: